“What is a gravatar and how can we create one for our funeral home that will stand out on CanadaObits.ca?”
Definition (From Gravatar.com)
A Globally Recognized Avatar
Your Gravatar is an image that follows you from site to site appearing beside your name when you do things like comment or post on a blog. Avatars help identify your posts on blogs and web forums, so why not on any site?
Creating a Gravatar
Now that you know what a gravatar is, let us give you a few simple points to consider:
1. Your funeral home name appears at the top of every single obit posted to the site and therefore, you may decide that your gravatar might not need to include your funeral home name.
2. Gravatars are square. It is ideal to create a square image or crop as tightly as possible to your current logo to allow your image to reach its maximum size.
3. Browse other funeral home gravatars at http://canadaobits.ca/
4. Create your gravatar with a transparent background. (You can find a wealth of information by googling this topic and including the name of the photo editing software that you use).
5. Use an image that people will associate with your funeral home or create something new that stands out and is easily recognizable, which people will learn to associate with your funeral home.
Thanks for your support and as always feel free to email us at any time.